ASSISTANT MANAGER – FINE JEWELRY GALLERY
Mia Gemma is an exquisite boutique designed for the sophisticated and discerning woman. We offer one-of-a-kind and limited edition fine jewelry that is hand crafted by up-and-coming artists from across the U.S. and Europe. We specialize in unique wedding rings for men and women. Mia Gemma has been featured in fashion magazines, the Washington Post and other publications. We are located in the exciting Penn Quarter area of Washington DC. We are seeking an experienced Manager to work full-time in our Washington DC location.
- Act as primary keyholder for the Gallery;
- Ensures all products and displays are merchandised effectively to maximize sales and profitability;
- Plans and implements the day-to-day operations of the Gallery.
- Develops strategies to improve customer service, drive store sales, and increase profitability;
- Implementation and execution of sales initiatives including special events;
- Assists customers with determining jewelry design options;
- Ensures customer needs are met and services are efficient;
- Interfaces with jewelry artists to determine design options and create special order pieces;
- Assists with management of inventory;
- Assists with merchandising and acquisition of new product lines.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent; at least 3 years of experience in luxury retail sales;
- Experience in Fine Jewelry sales a big plus;
- Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals;
- Excellent understanding and appreciation of the luxury goods customer, and working knowledge of gemstones, diamonds, and precious metals;
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written to people of varying levels and cultures;
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to cultivate good working relations;
- Highly creative, out-of-the-box thinker;
- Strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Excellent attention to detail.
- A positive professional attitude and presentation;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
- Microsoft Windows, register and internet applications.
Mia Gemma offers a collegial working environment, competitive salary and bonus, paid vacation and holidays, gym membership, health insurance and generous employee discount.
If interested, please contact: Irene Barbieri – Owner Mia Gemma – (202) 393-4367 firstname.lastname@example.org