The Holiday Dinner & Auction was once again a great success!
Thanks go to everyone that worked so hard, before, during and after to put this annual event together.
Thanks also go out to everyone who came and shared the evening with us!
We hope you enjoy the Poem and Pictures on this page, and towards the end a special thanks to all the donors of items sold during the auction.
Denise Nelson’s poem for Auction Dec 2007
The tree in the lobby * all shiny and bright * the beer held by Bobby * Oh what a sight!
The years pass so quick * the auction ishere * have a quick pick * and have a good beer!
Write down the number * the bigger * the better * for things made of lumber *
and even a letter * a diamond scoop *a triplet loupe * an onyx pendant *
a custom design * Australian wine *a colorful mola * a gemstone bola *
balloons made of cola * even more things that shine * and art exquisitely
fineEtta so pretty * Doris so witty *Bobby in a frame * oh what a shame *
not for sale…
A jewelry lota plant and a pot * a pretty heart locket *a knife for the pocket *
costume pins * colorful tins * books about Jade *items to trade *hand made things *golden rings…
Agate, banded and pretty * furs to wear to the city *Venetian glassand Indian brass
a rainbow of beads *and also some seeds *rings for the ear * full of cheer *
with Bobby and his beer!
The board hard at work * to raise the money *to bribe our speakers with wine and honey
rugs of all textures * to raise money for lectures* some vintage vermeil * so little to pay *
for items big and small * some short and some tall *pay more! pay more! *
for a book full * of lore *
for garnet, so sparkly and bright * the tables got empty, oh what a sight * too soon we called it a night!
There was lots of bidding * and even some kidding * the evening went fast * and at last *
quick went the gold * things new and old * all items were sold!
For those who were there,thanks for your giving *for those who were not,
you missed some good living…
Be healthy and happy and have a good year * Remember the chapter and add some good cheer *
by sending us money, if you have some to spare * if not, just join us and come and care * the meetings are fun, we learn and share * information and wisdom exceedingly rare.
Happy Holidays and a New Year filled with Peace and Happiness!
DC Chapter GIA Auction Honor Roll
- Robert G. Davis – Jewellery By da Vis
- Brenda Forman
- Lisa Carp – Designs In Gemstones
- Donna Sibley
- Mary Loose DeViney – Tuel Jewelers
- Jim & June Gianforte – Continental Jewelers
- Skinner Inc. Auctioneers
- Richard Drucker – Gemworld International Inc.
- Josh Hall – Pala International Inc.
- Reiko Nagoya
- Weschler’s Auctioneers & Appraisers
- Bo Torrey – Pearl World
- Traci Solovey – Solovey Jewelers
- Jeff & Sharon Allison
- Andrew & Etta Saunders – Arethusa Designs
- Eric J. Hoffman-Far East Gallery
- Hap & Dee Williams
- Robbie & Sherlene Bradbury
- Doris & Thomas Voigt
- Kusam & Kiran Malhotra – K & K International
- Bobby Mann & Theresa McGowan
- Mason Kay – Fine Jade Jewelry
- Diane Grimes-Briars Antiques
- GIA Alumni Association
- Stephen J. Clarke – Liljenquist & Beckstead
- Quest Fine Jewelers Inc – Pete H. Tain
- John & Alice Lees – JAL Co.
- GIA Gem Instruments
- Camilla Nasr
- Tim Roark Inc.
- Ken Achikian-Achikian Goldsmiths
- Carolyn Chappell-Carolyn’s Crystals
- Melanie Marts
- David Ensellem- Towne Silversmiths
- Kate’s Irish Pub
- John Greenan & Sons
- B&C Jewelers
- Gregory & Ann Stevens
- Lois Berger
- Ira & Davia Kramer – Diamond Exchange
- Denise & Dennis Nelson
- Joan Ward
- Catherine Cowie
- James Burick-Jeweler’s Warehouse
- Anna Escobar